Homeowners should think about the type of care they are willing to give their countertop material. If they want to just forget about any type of maintenance and not have to worry about etching or staining, we recommend they stick to either granite or quartz. If the homeowner is willing to be a little more cautious in their day to day usage, it opens up the possibility using all types of surface material.
- Kitchen countertops need to be durable, but look good too
- Color is often the first thing noticed and can make quite a visual impact
- Marble gives a hint of luxury, while stone has the versatility to take on the mood of its color
- Bakers love to knead dough on cold marble, but designers recommend it be used sparingly as a countertop material because sometimes it can be soft or stain easily.
- Soapstone may dent if it gets hit with something hard (which some people embrace) but this is normally not a great concern.